Thursday, October 27, 2011

I am officially a Defiant Athlete!

I am officially a Defiant Athlete! Shaunta was kind enough to add me to her list over on Live Once, Juicy. If you haven’t checked out her site yet, go take a read or follow her on Facebook.

My goal is to complete my first century (100 mile) bicycle ride at the end of June. It’s an organized ride, so there will be support all along the way. It’s also a 2600-foot gain in elevation for the first 50 miles, and more likely than not I’ll be fighting a headwind in that direction. I need to get to where I’m riding 40-50 miles a week consistently before I start my 10-week full-out training schedule in April.

At this moment, I am a defiant, fighting-a-cold athlete who wants to go home and get some rest but can’t afford to miss class tonight. My mom always asked when we got sniffly if we were “coming down with something.” I’ve found that when I refer to it as “fighting a cold” instead of “catching a cold,” I seem to get fewer full-blown colds.

No comments:

Post a Comment